Renewal of Marriage Vows
This ceremony, also known as re-affirmation of vows is for married couples wishing to renew the vows of love and commitment they took on their wedding day, whether it was 5 years or 50 years ago.
There is no legal implication relating to this ceremony.
Such a ceremony provides the couple with an opportunity for their family and community of friends to participate, witness, and affirm their love and support. This ceremony can also provide an opportunity to renew commitment, love and support for no other reason other than the couple wish to do it. If a relationship has been through a period of dislocation or their original ceremony for whatever reason was not meaningful to them, this is an opportunity to renew their vows and turn the occasion into something very very special.
Often the date of a significant anniversary is chosen for this ceremony, similarly, the original venue is sometimes reflected in the venue chosen for the ceremony and celebration. Original bridal party members or family often participate. It can be a time when favourite old songs and music are heard and much laughter and reminiscing takes place.
Intimate ceremonies with just a few guests conducted before a candle-lit dinner can be very emotive and just as special.
You may wish to include as much of your original ceremony, especially your vows, as possible. Alternatively, you can put together a completely new and very personalized ceremony with my assistance.
Make contact with me and lock in your chosen date and time.
We will then need to meet to get to know one another and to discuss questions or queries you may have.
At that time I will give you a package of information containing samples of ceremonies, additional readings, rituals, music etc to assist in the development of your personalized ceremony.This information can be emailed to you instead.
By mutual arrangement our liaison continues in person, by email, fax, phone or mail.
Close to the ceremony date, we meet again at the ceremonial venue if possible for a rehearsal, with as many members of the ceremonial group as possible.
The remainder of your fee is also paid at this time.
For couples enquiring from overseas and mainland Australia
- Initial enquiry is usually by email or phone.
- Payment of non-refundable deposit of $100 is essential so I can secure your date and time.
- On receipt of your deposit, I will email a package of information to you in Microsoft Word format OR post it to you via express post.
- We can then email or mail ceremony drafts until you are happy.
- We’ll need to meet a day or two prior to your ceremony for any last minute discussion that may be required.
- Payment of the remainder of my fee will need to be paid prior to your ceremony.
What does my fee cover?
- Complete choice of personalized ceremony.
- A package of information containing sample ceremonies, readings/poetry, rituals, music/songs etc.
- Unlimited access to me to discuss your ceremony.
- A rehearsal at your chosen venue.
- A commemorative copy of your ceremony.
- A certificate of Renewal of Vows
- Appreciation certificates for any ceremonial participants on request eg readers, ring bearers.
- A guarantee that I will arrive 20 minutes before your ceremony is due to commence.
- A guarantee that I will not rush away immediately the ceremony concludes.
- A guarantee of total familiarity with your ceremony and also that my part will be read with total interest and sincerity.
- To the best of my ability I will dress to suit the occasion.
- Use of a portable CD/iPod player.
Payment is calculated as follows: A non refundable booking fee of $100.00 paid on booking, or at the first meeting. The balance of $250.00 is paid prior to the ceremony, usually at the rehearsal. I prefer payment in cash.
Additional costs may include a traveling charge if I am required to travel more than 80 kms (round trip).
A battery operated PA system, if required, can be made available on a for-hire basis.
Did you know I also have a renewal of marriage vows e-book?